Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Gamifried.

I've been thinking about writing another book on the games industry... People keep suggesting I write on gamification.

For those of you who don't know, this is the popular trend of taking core game design mechanics and applying them to all sorts of things to provoke customer behavior that you want. The McDonald's Monopoly game is a very literal version of this, but so is the dashboard HUD on a Prius that shows how efficient your current fuel consumption is, as a way of training you to be a more efficient driver.

I'm not sure that I'm going to write another book on the games biz, but I do think I'll start jotting down thoughts on games and the biz here. I've long felt like I was neglecting the games I love by not giving them airtime alongside the book reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment